I AM an Artist
I AM an artist. Not a famous artist like some, but certainly not a hobbyist, either. I am very serious about my art. I am driven. I feel a great, often overwhelming need to go to my studio every day to work on a piece . . . to be involved with my own creative process. I need to take the tiny steps (often tentative at first) that eventually become more comfortable to me as I put the time in. Those small steps eventually begin to feel natural as I practice them again and again on the new painting that is in front of me.
I am an artist teaching myself something new each and every day, by exploration, experimentation, trial and error (LOTS of that) and hours spent in front of my easel or at my drawing desk creating art about the subjects I love.
As an artist, I strive to capture the essence and spirit of those subjects in my paintings. I want to learn what makes them unique . . . what makes them special. I want to “hear” their stories and then I want to be able to share those stories with you through my work.
I recently read an article that said, “Real” artists never stop learning to paint.”
I think that’s true. I AM a “real” artist that still has so much to learn. So much to learn about my subjects, my techniques and about creating art in general. It’s a good thing that every day presents a brand-new opportunity to do so.
Read More

