". . . a brush with nature"


4/26/2016 11:16:59 AM

Going to the Dog . . . And Cat

Debbie Hughbanks / Comment on this

It has been an exciting couple of weeks. I had work accepted into three national/international shows! So honored to be included in these exhibits with such wonderful artists. "Frisbee Retriever" was juried into both the National Oil & Acrylic Painters' Society On-Line International Spring Show and the International Society of Acrylic Painters' 7th Annual International Online Show.

"Sleeping On the Job" will be part of the American Women Artists Spring Online Juried Show.

.            

Read More

11/2/2015 10:31:00 AM

Frisbee Retriever

Debbie Hughbanks / Comment on this

Dogs are a favorite subject of mine to paint. I spotted this beautiful retriever playing frisbee with his owner and had to capture the moment in a painting. I love the look of determination on the dog's face as he brings his "prize" back to shore. I also found the reflections and sparkle on the water to be fascinating and a challenge I wanted to try to recreate in my work.

This work will be for sale, but is currently entered in a show. Please contact me for further information on the piece.

Read More