Bubbles - A Beautifully Challenging Subject
I was fascinated by the reflective nature and beautiful shapes and colors of the bubbles as they passed in front of the young boy, his glasses and even the trees and shrubbery behind him. Blue became a constant throughout the piece, but what fun it might be exploring all the other luscious colors that appear when a little soap, water and light meet on a summer's day.
Considering all of that, this subject could turn out to be somewhat of a challenging one, but as an artist I like to challenge myself and the subject did indeed hold my interest. I set out by thinking of each area and each bubble as a small individual painting that in the end would work together to become a whole. Thinking of my process in this way worked well for me on this particular piece and I am very pleased with the outcome. In fact, I think I experienced as much joy and wonder creating this painting as I believe this boy feels as he watches the beautiful bubbles float away.
Read More
